Friday, April 10, 2009

My Dad, Super 8 Film and a Well Site


This film is in remembrance of my dad who died April 11, 2002 - tomorrow is the 6 year anniversary of his death.

I would like to share this Super 8 film. This one is from a batch of films that I had telecined several months ago. I really like this one because it's an experience I remember - our visit to an oil well site that my dad was involved with. Honestly, I don't know what involvement my family had with oil - maybe this was a friend's site, maybe family. That's a question for my mom I guess.

The film shows my brother Ryan (the first little boy you see) and I playing around on dirt piles and dangerously close to the drilling rig. I don't see my dad in the film so I have to assume that he is the cameraman.

I have him to thank for my love of moving pictures, story telling, humor, and adventure. My dad spurred and encouraged all of those values in my brothers and I and we are each better people for it. I love him and still miss him.

No comments: