Monday, May 10, 2010

DVD Art - DVD Coming Soon

Today I wrapped up the art work for The Good Soldier DVD. It took a bit longer than expected but I think it looks pretty good. Also, I came up with a special "Featuring Super 8 Film Technology" logo that I'm going to put on my future projects - and hope others will too - to identify the choice to shoot in Super 8.

So the next step will be to get my master DVD and art to the duplicating company. After that it will just be a matter of time before seeing the final product. The DVD contains English subtitles, chapter index, behind-the-scene slideshow, the theatrical trailer, and a link to online interactive content. And while I would have liked to include French and Spanish (and by recommendation, Portuguese) I unfortunately couldn't get all of that done by my deadline. So instead, I will have to make some alternate versions in the future.

I will be hosting a special screening of the film later this month for cast and crew - it will be their first viewing of the film. Then on June 11th the film will premiere to the US at deadCENTER Film Festival.

Following that, who knows what?

I have another project that I've begun, relative to my experience with this film - it's a writing project. Ok, I'll be real, it's book about Super 8 filmmaking. At this point it's a young project which could fall off a cliff at any time...but we'll see where it goes.

Also, I have a couple of other Super 8 film projects I'm working on. One I've entitle the "Physics Philm" project - it's a project I started years ago but I'm hoping to breathe some new life into it.

No comments: