Monday, August 17, 2009

The Good Soldier - Notes 15 - Time-lapse sunset shoot

From The Good Soldier Production Photos

Yesterday, Sunday (8/16/09), I visited a location in Sutton Wilderness in Norman, OK for some sunset shots for the film. I set up two cameras and ran them at different speeds and heights (off the ground). Camera one was run at 1 frame per 5 seconds, camera two was run at 1 frame per 20 seconds. Both cameras were operated for about one hour from the same position. This is partly experimental considering it was my first time to shoot time-lapse. It was a beautiful sunset with drifting clouds and a brilliant evening glow. Hard to know what it will look like in black and white.
From The Good Soldier Production Photos

From The Good Soldier Production Photos

From The Good Soldier Production Photos

Today marks the final day of shooting. I have two scenes remaining. By the end of today it will be a complete wrap on the (film) production. Still some folly sound to be done and the soundtrack is currently in production. More reports to come.

Finally, I received word today from Yale that the film they received last week (36 rolls) has been developed and "looks good." That's all I know. I won't know the details until I see it myself on Friday.

No comments: